When you take a moment to stop and look around you, you are likely going to see something rather unusual. It doesn’t matter who we are or where we are, we will see people all around us on their mobile devices. Those mobile phones are constantly in our hands and very few of us are more than a few feet away from them at any given time.
Although we may use our mobile phones to stay in touch with friends and family, it is amazing exactly how lonely we are in today’s electronically connected world. When you take a look at a family eating in a restaurant, for example, you notice that they are not really paying any attention to each other. They are sitting within feet of each other but they are miles away.
In the following 12 pictures, you get to see the world without mobile phones again. They are rather emotional pictures in which a photographer removed the mobile phone from the scene and gives you the opportunity to see what is really taking place underneath the surface.
1. Newlyweds update social media rather than embracing
2. The weather outside is beautiful but these friends share time on the sofa.
3. Rather than talking sports, they checked out the scores on their phones.
4. Up to see the sunrise but they check their phones instead
5. Missing out on some family time
6. This used to be the time when talking took place
7. Spending a quiet night together takes on a different meaning
8. Their son will never be this young again
9. Missing out on an opportunity to read a book together
10. So close but so far away
11. Missing out on a beautiful day together
12. Always in a lonely place
H/T: God Vine
Be sure to share this with your friends on Facebook